Sunday, December 5, 2010

Good night

wowmailz.blogspot.com
Suddenly
you declared
in the midst of our tete a tete
that you needed
to retire for the night
and you bade me
good night

I wished that you stayed
a little longer
that we prolonged
we nattered
and whispered
our  sweet nothings
for some more time
but you have errands to run
and tasks to be done
you had to rise early
I could not ask you to stay
I bid you good night
though
my heart was unwilling

Sleep eludes me now
thoughts keep me awake
the night is still young
and I am all alone
the songs carry on
I stare
dejectedly
into the dark night
darkness engulfs me
un-invitingly
my thoughts wander
my life is paused
have I lost the moment?

Never mind
i comfort myself
I will look ahead
for a better tomorrow
to relive our sweet nothings
I say my prayers
I lie down
close my eyes
my thoughts  still wander
I count the sheep
I toss and turn
and
zzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment