Monday, January 17, 2011

The last song

blog.54ka.org
I was flying
in the clouds,
adrift
directionless
off track
a lost soul
in the vast eternity
fighting
the sturdy winds
trying to tear  me down
my frail wounded  wings
craving
for a hearth  to perch

I was almost falling
when you came forth
with an open heart
extending  your arms
You took me in
I nested
I rested
I felt warm
you nursed
my wounded wings
suckled me
back to health again
and
I reclaimed myself

I have regained my health now
I can sing my songs anew
I must go now
I must return
to the clouds
on the yonder horizon
to be flying again
high and low
though
the unfriendly clouds
may cast me away
the winds may
tear me down again
yet I must
set forth my flight
For I do not belong here
This is not my place
My place is elsewhere
I hope you understand

No comments:

Post a Comment