Thursday, July 7, 2011

Am I rich or poor?


I am not rich
Like most rich men
I do not have a good bank balance
Nor do I carry a thick purse
I do not own estates
Nor posh cars and buildings
I do not have the luxury
of keeping consorts
I do not gamble at high stakes
and I do not smoke
the doubly taxed foreign fags
I am not blessed with riches
I am not rich
Like most rich men of today
But I ain’t poor either
I have a healthy body
Complete with all senses
I have a happy job
For my three square meals
I have a good night’s sleep
With sweet dreams to cherish
I have a marriage
tied in silken knots of love
and vows of faith and trust
Not of infidelities and deception
I have rich thoughts
and richer feelings and emotions
Life’s trivial problems
aren’t a big burden
I have a life worth living
What else can I wish for?
Am I rich or poor?
What are riches without happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment