Friday, June 17, 2011

God's own ways



I see not the moon tonight
Even the stars are keeping away
Darkness is all I can feel around
and it’s almost engulfing me

I can see my end looming near
The whispering calls of death I can hear
and the dreaded beckoning stare
to strike its hammer on my life so dear

ere the blooming roses withered 
and the rainbow faded to nothingness
ere the sun sank beyond the horizon
My odyssey of life is nearing its end

I wish not to live a hundred years
and laze in the eternal realms of earth
My wishes are not for a kingly crown
Not all the happiness can excite me

All I wish is just another usual day
another moment, another breath
but I must exit ere my time is nigh
God has his own divine ways

NB: This one is prompted by a dear one who is on his death bed waiting for his end.

No comments:

Post a Comment