Friday, November 19, 2010

In poetic mood again

flickr.com
I have bid the summer goodbye.
Winter is now whispering in sight.
I wish the winter to retire soon,
Its parting shall herald the harbinger
of a joyous union and togetherness,
for which I have the longing.

This quest must cruise to a halt.
I am getting tired,
traversing the sands of time
with a steady gait of life,
along the  slippery path,
a tribute of turmoil
of a distant onward march
of physical hardship and toil,
that often my aging bones fail,
yet I do not yield to failure.
With hopes within I struggle.
I expect the unexpected.
In the worst, I find my strength.
I advance,
with you in my heart.


I am fighting the nightmare of loneliness.
I am drowning in a sea of thoughts,
of sweet memories of togetherness.
and the reservations
of the trivial misgivings,
rises in pensive verse.
I am in my poetic mood again
and I see you in my poem.

Amidst all the complexities;
I have realized the reality.
Life is indeed a bittersweet journey.
and I often sing the blues,
but my anxieties remain,
to see life's youthful hue.
The silver lining in every cloud.
that time would run its course,
that one day I would have lived all days,
through thick and thin,
It would be the day then,
the day I would have waited for,
the day you would have waited too.
A day of homecoming
to be with you.

Till then,
with pensive thoughts to cherish,
 in poetic moods I remain.
A stranger amongst the strangers
in a place stranger than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment