Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kudi Punjab Di

The bugle tolled the end of a yet another day
and hostel bound as I was winding up my way,
lost in dismal thoughts long gone astray
My tired eyes did not fail to see
A soni kudi Punjab di* when crossed by me
With a friend and engaged in a talk,
Perhaps she was out for an evening walk.
So much grandeur and beauty even in her stalk
Joy and laughter, much had her youthful face to show
While not a tint of sorrow could be seen on her brow
Oh! how much I yearned to walk up to her
and introduce myself and start a friendship dear
But alas, the courage within me could not be found
As my cowardice simply kept me bound
While she not caring even to throw a look around
carried on unawares with her usual round.
The passing opportunity I could not catch
But  I have her face to remember and the smile to match
I watched and watched and still watched some more
Long after my sight could catch her no more.
* Beautiful girl of Pujab
 

No comments:

Post a Comment